The school provides a camps program from Year 3 onwards and excursions occur at all year levels.
The school provides a camps program from Year 3 onwards.
The aims of the Camps program are to:
- Provide sequential opportunities for students to experience activities in a range of outdoor settings that will encourage them to pursue an active and healthy lifestyle
- Provide outdoor opportunities that encourage independence and social interaction
- To reinforce and extend classroom learning
- To further develop social skills such as co-operation, tolerance, communication, individual and group interaction
- To extend students understanding of their physical and cultural environment
- To further develop students problem solving skills
- To provide a program that promotes self-esteem, resourcefulness, independence, leadership and judgement
- Years 3 and 4 generally attend a 2 night Outdoor Adventure Camp.
- Grades 5 and 6 generally attend a two night Ballarat or Melbourne Camp (alternating years).
Excursions & Incursions
To enhance learning, students are provided with the opportunity to participate in school excursions and incursions. These broaden students' understanding and enrich and complement learning that takes place within the classroom.