Physical Education provides children with opportunities to be involved in active and participatory physical activities, to sequentially develop physical skills and to assume healthy attitudes and habits.
Health & Physical Education & Sport
Physical Education provides children with opportunities to be involved in active and participatory physical activities, to sequentially develop physical skills and to assume healthy attitudes and habits. Activities may include ball handling, dance, minor and major games, outdoor adventure activities, athletics and general fitness. Children are encouraged to dress in clothing and footwear suitable for physical education activities or to bring a change of clothing and joggers as required.
The following Physical Education Programs and opportunities to participate in Sports are provided:
- Sequential physical education programs provided by a specialist teacher:
- Perceptual Motor Skills Program (PMP)
- School athletic, cross country and swimming carnivals for students
- Middle/Senior Sport programs with participation in school representative teams in football, cricket, netball, soccer, basketball, sports eisteddfods
- Swimming program at the Sale heated pool which covers water safety, and stroke development. Each grade attends for a term – preps usually in term 4.
School House events (swimming - athletics - cross country)
- Plain black shorts or grey school shorts, culottes or black netball skirt or plain black track pants
- House colour shirt, (otherwise normal 545 red polo shirt)
- School jumper with logo
- Sports socks and Sandshoes (any colour)
- School Hat (or house colour hat) from start of September through to end of April
- House Colours: LOUGHNAN (blue) SCHULTZ (white) CARPENTER (green) RUFF (yellow)